Rapelling In Cajones de Chame
What to expect
Our Tour begins picking you up at your lodge in the morning to head to the famous Cajones de Chame via the Scenic way to Chica and Sora.
Once in Sora, we will board a pick up truck to get to the wonderful Canyon named Cajones de Chame (10 minutes ride), where after a brief explanation from our instructor we will proceed to do a rappel to get in the water. Rappelling is a controlled descent off a vertical drop, rock face, using a rope.
The rest of the day is free at leisure to swim in the clear waters of the river surrounded by its particular rock formations. We will be back in the city at 4:30 (estimated).
- Transport from/to hotel city, 4 x4 in Sora.
- Bilingual guide – instructor.
- Entrance fee.
- Rappel activity.
- 1 bottled water.
- 1 soda and a snack such as chips.
- Suitable for all kind of people, recommend to know how to swim but not mandatory.
- To bring food, bathing suit, sun block, hat and insect repellent if necessary.
- Rappel and climbing certified instructor with many years of experience in different countries.
- Not necessary to do the rappelling to enjoy the river.
- The tour might be modified or suspended due to weather conditions.
- Recommended from Monday to Saturday. Sundays on request.
- All participants must sign a release form before the rappel.
- Rappel activity requirements:
- Minimum age : 12 years old, children under this age can enjoy the tour without doing the descent with the rope.
- Maximum weight 260 Lbs.