Kayaking In The Chagres River
What to expect
Explore rowing on a kayak the beautiful Chagres River before it merges at the Gatun lake where the huge vessels and boats transit from Ocean to Ocean. The Chagres river is the main tributary of water of the Canal. A quite waterway, enjoying the sound of the wild life of this dense tropical forest.
You might get the opportunity to see a sloth in a tree, a colorful bird peacefully living in the jungle or at the top the water plants, caimans, turtles among many others species of the local fauna.
After a short hike to the small port used by the Embera indigenous at Gamboa, the tour last about 1 hour and 20 minutes (in the kayak) always accompanied by our bilingual guide and probably also by an Native Indigenous guide from the area who knows the place better than anyone.
- Life jacket.
- Bottled water.
- Air-conditioned vehicle.
- All Fees and Taxes.
- Bring sunblock, hat, sunglasses and insect repellent.
- Suitable for beginners, kids under 6 not allowed.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Suitable for everybody, easy level. Not age restrictions.
- Pick up time to be arranged.
- Tour may be changed or cancel due to weather conditions.
- OPTIONAL: VISIT TO AN EMBERA INDIGENOUS VILLAGE WITH THEIR TRADITIONAL LUNCH.
- The staffs speaks English.