Day Trip to Portobelo and Caribbean beach
What to expect
Early Pick up at the hotel to go to the Historical town of Portobelo named by Christopher Columbus on his 4th trip to the Americas in 1502 when he travelled this region. Although nowadays it is a small fishing village, it was once one of Spain’s richest ports from the 16th to 18th century . This was an obvious target for pirates who performed several attacks to the city even though The Spanish built several forts around this area to protect the city and those, now in ruins, became a UNESCO World heritage site as of 1980.
At the arrival you will take a 15 minutes boat ride to La Huerta Beach or similar to enjoy the rest of the morning surrounded by coconut trees, tropical fauna and flora and cristal clear waters. Before going back to the city, you will enjoy Lunch at the Portobelo Bay.
- Private transportation.
- Boat with life jacket.
- Bilingual guide.
- Cooler box with ice and bottled water and 2 sodas / beers per person.
- Port and Island entrance FEE.
- Any other drinks of food not mentioned.
- Snorkeling mask.
- Umbrella & chairs
- Recommended departure at 7:30 am.
- OPTIONAL: Yoga Class at the beach (on request).
- OPTIONAL: SUP BOARD (on request).
- On summer weekends could be crowed.
- The staffs speaks English.